Job position at MITRE, McClean, VA. Deadline is on
Quantum Technologies Specialist
MITRE Lab’s Emerging Engineering and Physical Sciences Department serves as a vanguard for MITRE to meet the future needs of our customers, requiring technical excellence while encouraging creativity and fostering interests in current and emerging technologies across its diverse employees. Your future colleagues are a collegial team from diverse technical backgrounds who work across MITRE’s sponsors and partners. The Quantum Technologies Group seeks personnel with expertise in quantum computing, quantum networking, superconductors, ion traps, and/or related quantum technologies to help grow MITRE’s quantum work program. The chosen individual will conduct research and provide technical expertise to help advise our various government sponsors in order to develop solutions for the nation’s most challenging problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform research in quantum computing, networking, sensing, and related quantum technologies.
- Advise and educate our government sponsors on all aspects of quantum information technology and their potential applications.
- Develop technical benchmarks, metrics, roadmaps, and other frameworks to help our sponsors better understand, plan for, and otherwise engage with quantum technologies.
- Explore other new or emerging technologies that may be of interest to MITRE and our sponsors.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with relevant experience
- Strong technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to manage and pursue new opportunities to meet sponsor requirements in a collaborative environment with both internal and external researchers.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- PhD in Physics, Quantum, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience in one or more areas of quantum information such as quantum computing, quantum networking, or quantum sensing.
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s): Secret
Work Location Type: Hybrid