Job position at Samsung Semiconductor, San Diego, CA. Deadline is on
Senior Engineer, Modem Systems Engineer
R&D: Wireless Communications and Signal Processing
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is looking for a passionate systems engineer with deep research experiences on wireless communications and signal processing, and in-depth knowledge on PHY cellular algorithm design.
You will join a team conducting research on 6G wireless systems and developing PHY modem algorithms for Samsung’s Exynos chipsets.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Diego, CA office 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time.
- Conducting research and development for LTE, 5G and 6G wireless systems with focus on baseband processing towards academic publications and intellectual property.
- Designing baseband algorithms for cellular modems, including emerging trends in machine learning.
- Investigating modem development for non-terrestrial networks.
- Building link level simulators in C/C++/MATLAB with shell/python scripts.
- Conducting the algorithm optimization in line with communication theory and digital signal processing.
- Supporting commercialization collaborating with other SW/HW engineers.
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 3+ years or PhD with 0 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong background in communication theory and signal processing with understanding of wireless standards.
- Strong background in wireless communications research preferably with information-theoretic background.
- Strong publication record.
- C/C++/MATLAB coding skills.
- Experience in cellular modem design.
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Salary Range: $82,096 - $188,000