Job position at Avery Dennison, Mentor, OH. Deadline is on
Cyber Security Engineer (Remote)
Information Systems Technology
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and digital identification solutions company that provides branding and information labeling solutions, including pressure-sensitive materials, radio-frequency identification (RFID) inlays and tags, and a variety of converted products and solutions. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of labeling and functional materials that enhance branded packaging, carry or display information that connects the physical and the digital, and improve customers’ product performance. The company serves an array of industries worldwide, including home and personal care, apparel, e-commerce, logistics, food and grocery, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
- Identify, minimize and lead both internal and perimeter attack surface to Avery Dennison’s IT environment
- Manage and support vulnerability management (“VM”) tool sets including:
- a CSPM - Cloud Security Posture Management platform
- a SAST - Static Application Security Tool and two enterprise vulnerability scanning platforms
- Scope of the VM tool set management include:
- Test and deploy new features and capabilities
- Manage access and permission of users, groups and roles
- Educate and advise internal partners to demonstrate VM tool sets for self service
- Maintain overall health status of the tool sets, solve issues and errors.
- Configure and update tool sets routinely to reflect IT infrastructure and organizational changes
- Ensure scan queue are scheduled, and jobs are performed without failure
- Perform review of security findings of on-premise infrastructure and multi-cloud environments.
- Prioritize vulnerabilities, and assign tasks to appropriate owners for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Carry out remediation SLAs and advance per Avery Dennison IT security policies and guidelines
- Educate and advise internal partners on high risk and/or high priority security vulnerabilities
- Set up and continue to grow automated scanning, ensuring maximum coverage through scanning
- Work with multiple teams and organizations, translate security and vulnerability requirements into business context
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study and 4+ years of professional experience in information security, networking and/or systems administration; OR 5+ years of professional experience in information security in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of experience implementing, and/or maintaining vulnerability and configuration management technologies in an enterprise level environment
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and Mac system internals and configuration management tools