Job position at Arete, Northridge, CA. Deadline is on
At Areté, we are on the forefront of utilizing innovative solutions, with great minds from all backgrounds, to help solve the nation’s most complex security challenges. We strive for an inclusive, collaborative team environment that approaches differences as opportunities for innovation and excellence. As an employee-owned company, we foster an atmosphere that propels diverse career opportunities and professional growth.
Discover your future with us.
As a Software Engineer at Arete, you are responsible for transforming advanced signal and image processing algorithms from higher level languages (e.g., python) into robust and efficient software suitable for operational use. Other duties include practicing sound software process methods to design, develop, analyze, and test software applications from prototype to operations, using modern software development languages and practices. Ability to assess algorithm performance on real-world data and document results via written reports and/or well-commented code. Additional duties as assigned. This position is based out of our Northridge, CA office. This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
Please note the following: Under the Resume section you MUST select “Enter professional details” and under “Make your application stronger” please upload your resume.
We have an impressive range of benefits, programs, and perks that we offer:
Generous PTO and Leave Times
- Flextime Scheduling
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Continuing Education Funds
Health, Medical, and Wellness Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Vision Reimbursement
Qualities We Look For
Experiences and Background We Look For -
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in computer science
- Alternatively, a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in physical sciences, engineering, or mathematics with demonstrated software development experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience developing software for a Linux environment
- Proven capability in software architecture and design with emphasis upon modular, maintainable, and extensible software designs and frameworks
- Capacity to work in a team with minimal supervision and agility to work multiple potentially disparate projects simultaneously
Nice to have -
- A background that includes math and physics education
- Experience in cloud computing and/or developing cloud applications
- GUI development experience
- Experience in software testing and quality assurance
- Proficiency in object-oriented analysis and design
- Proficiency in High Performance Computing techniques such as: multithreaded programming, inter-process communication, GPU programming / CUDA, and coprocessor programming
- Ability to present technical results to customers and at technical review meetings
- Experience with Agile development methods utilizing Atlassian tools: Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA
- Active Top Secret Clearance is a plus
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $135,000; however, Arete considers several factors when extending an offer of employment, including but not limited to: the position and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
U.S. citizenship is required to meet position eligibility.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Successful passage of a criminal background screen is required to meet position eligibility. Areté will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Successful passage of a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test is required to meet position eligibility.
As the health and safety of employees continues to be a priority, Areté encourages employees to remain current on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website because of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Areté Human Resources at 818-885-2200 for assistance.