Job position at Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA. Deadline is on
Research Technologist 1
Cellular and Molecular Physiology
The Mnatsakanyan lab in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, at the Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, PA, is seeking a candidate for a Research Technologist to collect and organize data for the use in reports and other presentations. Maintain and order supplies/equipment as needed for the lab. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work on an integrated research project combining structural (cryo-electron microscopy and tomography) and electrophysiology (patch-clamp and planar lipid bilayer recordings) approaches to study the mitochondria-mediated cell death pathways in cancer, aging and Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis.
- Participate in large-scale protein purification, animal breeding, genotyping, mitochondria isolation and other procedures.
- Organize data/findings for use in technical reports, documents, or oral/written presentations
- May coordinate operational activities in a research laboratory, providing support services to researchers and technicians
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards for lab operations to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the laboratory
- Coordinate ordering, maintaining appropriate inventory, storage, and maintenance of supplies, lab ware, and instruments essential to the operation of the lab
- Instruct others in protocols and instrumentation
- May supervise lower level staff, wage employees and/or students
This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus 1 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a limited-term position funded for one year from date of hire, with possibility of refunding.
The following clearances must be successfully completed for this position:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check