Job position at Northrop Grumman, Oklahoma City, OK. Deadline is on
Software Engineering Manager 2
Computer Science, Engineering
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a Software Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This leadership opportunity is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as the individual's current program responsibilities on program. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise 15% to 20% of the candidate's time.
- For the technical role, the candidate should have an existing role on a Strike program in Oklahoma City.
- The technical responsibilities of the job are to develop, modify and maintain software for airborne applications using software engineering best practices & standards and participate in the full life cycle of software development to include C/C++ coding to flight/safety critical coding standards, unit testing and software integration testing, software requirements and design documentation and support for program reviews.
- The candidate will work closely with Responsible Software, System, and Test Engineers to ensure a testable product is being developed.
- Duties also include design influence to increase product reliability and test coverage.
- Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection.
- Ensure consistency and quality of SW Products.
- Tasking and coordination of approximately 12-20 engineers, and process and resource coordination with functional homeroom management.
- The candidate should be able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project result and provide consistent team direction to help prioritize and achieve goals.
- This person will make decisions that impact the organization’s credibility, operations, and services.
- They will comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- The candidate will be responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective IPT to address those needs.
- Supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers.
- Work with the program software manager and IPT leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
- The candidate will provide their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, discipline, as necessary.
- Acquire the necessary computers, equipment, and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work.
- Generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs.
- It is expected that the candidate will provide their group with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the Software Engineering organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline AND 7 years of related professional/military experience in Engineering that includes a background in Software, OR a Master’s degree in a STEM discipline AND 5 years of related professional/military experience in Engineering that includes a background in Software.
- Must have 5 years of direct related experience in software development
- Must have familiarity with all phases of the software development life cycle
- Must have knowledge of one or more Agile methodologies, and the software requirements, software design, and software test
- Must have proficiency in C/C++
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance that has been granted or renewed within the last 6 years or is currently under continuous evaluation.
- Must be able to attain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR) prior to the commencement of employment.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Lead or management experience in a team environment
- Experience working in a DevOps culture with continuous integration / continuous deliveries
- Demonstrated leadership of engineering personnel on a Northrop Grumman Corporation program to include software architecture oversight.
- SCRUM Product Owner or Scrum Master Certification or experience in a SCRUM Product Owner or Scrum Master role
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite
- Experience with Model Based Engineering
- Current/Active Special Program Access (PAR)
Salary Range: $117,400 USD - $176,200 USD