Job position at Nanotronics, Brooklyn, NY. Deadline is on
The Nanotronics Software Architect is a smart, creative and passionate engineer who will lead our AIPC Software team in the development of the world’s ultimate integrated manufacturing platform. This position will be responsible for software engineering development and guide high-level decisions throughout the design process. You will provide technical leadership and work closely with our R&D, Product and Deployment teams to ensure that we form best practices.
All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined in the U.S. export control laws and regulations to include: U.S. citizen, national, lawful permanent resident or individual admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Education and Experience:
- Multiple years of experience engineering software, managing a team, and developing and implementing a vision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- A strategic and analytical thinker with a natural curiosity for investigating issues and communicating insights
- Sophisticated eye for design and the user experience
- Ability to roll sleeves up in a software engineering capacity, then step back into management once your team is built
- Industry experience creating production quality code
- Ability to integrate third party APIs into a codebase
- Industry experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Conversant in object-oriented design patterns
- Industry experience in optimization requiring detailed low-level knowledge of a machine, e.g., optimizing for cache hierarchy, SIMD, NUMA-awareness
- Ability to prioritize and manage time without excessive oversight
- Creative and inspiring leadership, coaching and mentoring capabilities
- Excellent organization, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with third party hardware and APIs
- Experience using Git and GitLab
- Experience with Jira in a Sprint workflow
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Industry experience writing software for heterogeneous computing environments
- Collaborate with teams across the company
- Ensure team engineers are regularly and effectively communicating with other AIPC teams
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Balance competing priorities in making design and architectural decisions
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Proactively identify potential problems, recommend solutions, and contribute to the implementation of fixes
- Provide leadership around team communication, mediation, and mentoring
- Develop a broad understanding of our existing code base and identify high-value refactors to improve code quality over time
- Build out and manage the team
- Oversee creation of UI/UX based on specs from the AIPC team
- Oversee and develop new technologies for AIPC while keeping backwards compatibility with existing technologies
- Document test notes for quality assurance engineers and feature how-to’s for the technical service and application engineering teams
- Host/participate in design reviews, code reviews, stand-ups and other meetings as needed
- Write software exploiting parallelism from SIMD to GPU programming to multithreading
More About The Team
Our software engineers across all product lines are making manufacturing fast, accurate and cost-efficient by combining optical and atomic force microscopy with machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our products' usage is industry-agnostic, with aerospace, electronics, and healthcare applications. Any industry that can benefit from increased yield, reduced waste, lower costs, and faster design iteration is an industry that can benefit from using Nanotronics' technology. The solutions we build push the envelope of what can be done, so we need engineers who are highly intelligent, hardworking, and creative. Flexibility and an ability to grasp high order concepts in physics, control theory, hardware design, automation, and robotics can be helpful for understanding and resolving specific issues.
Nanotronics’™ nControl™ fueled by AIPC™ solution brings AI Technology to factories, both increasing productivity and better securing processes. Our technology learns processes, then can suggest, and implement adjustments in real time to monitor and improve both efficiency and security.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including free dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance for you
- 401(k) match
- Bright Horizons child/elder care benefits
- Employer HSA contribution
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you will be invited to participate in a phone interview, potentially followed by interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale factory control solutions. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.