Job position at Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM. Deadline is on
The Hruby Fellowship
National Security Science & Engineering
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas.
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
- Ph.D. conferred within the past three years or completion of Ph.D. requirements by commencement of appointment
- Evidence of strong academic achievement, excellent technical accomplishment, leadership and ability to team effectively
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance, which requires US citizenship
- Completion of the full application process, which includes submission of a research proposal relevant to Sandia’s national security mission: biological sciences; earth, energy and environmental science; engineering sciences; materials and advanced manufacturing; math, computing and information science, nanodevices and microsystems; physical sciences; and radiation effects and high energy density sciences.
Job ID: 690193